On the Horizon

Just a quick check in.

Since I've last written my entropy beacon script, I've received a flurry of suggestions and ideas on how to better expand and build upon this research. Those have been slowly making their way into my main codebase and some major backend work has begun.

Along with that I've got two new things coming down the pipeline. One has to do with rebuilding binaries off the wire (seems that there's not many good programs for this) and the other has to do with hunting malware via User Agent Strings. Would you believe that on a daily basis I've seen more than 5000 unique uas? It's unbelievable.

Also, I'm starting to port a good chuck of my work to google code so that I don't have to mail out updates to those who've been using my scripts.

Thanks again for all the suggestions, You'll be hearing from me soon.


About this entry


1 comments:

  1. Unknown April 17, 2009 at 5:41 AM

    I look forward to checking out the updates. Good work.